Reminder - Hydrolats
Hydrolats – Moisturizing & Toning Water of certified organic plant essence, with healing properties that naturally promote the pH balance of your skin
Ultra hydrating and refreshing, these pure botanical waters are the co-product of the steam distillation process of essential oils. Hydrosols contain the water-soluble constituents of the plant: gentle, nourishing elements that replenish the skin with plant-based vitality. Botanical hydration for face, skin and hair with regenerating and anti-aging properties. Suitable for all types of skin.
In your daily AM/PM routine, mist onto clean skin before moisturizing. For added benefits, mix hydrosol with organic carrier oils and essential oils. Hydrosols are delicate. To extend shelf life, store in a cool, dry place.
So that you can find yourself among the range of organic hydrosols offered in the Red Point virtual store, here is a checklist of hydrosols and their properties / uses:
- INCENSE: Gentle for all skin types, sensitive or not, frankincense hydrosol is applied generously to the face to promote balance and soothe imperfections and irritations. Frankincense is one of the most beloved resins of biblical times and often used to prepare the body and mind for prayer and meditation. Spray the clothes and the environment in order to purify and regenerate them.
- ITALIAN HELICHRYSE: Helichrysum also known as "Immortelle" and "Everlasting", contains high levels of antioxidants and is an excellent facial toner for mature or sun-damaged skin. Helichrysum promotes the skin's natural ability to heal and is ideal for any area in need of repair. Combine with any of Pranarōm's organic plant oils for a daily rejuvenating facelift.
- LAVENDER: Fresh, floral and herbaceous, lavender is an ideal toner for all skin types. Lavender Hydrosol promotes rejuvenation of aging skin and is soothing when applied to minor burns, sunburns, rashes, irritations, wounds and on delicate skin in general. It is the most relaxing, balancing and hydrating hydrosol in the collection. Soft and soothing, it can be used even on the most sensitive skin.
- NEROLI: Distilled from orange blossom, neroli hydrosol is especially suited for oily, blemish-prone and mature skin. Its regenerative properties promote hydration, toning and cell regeneration. Neroli has a refreshing and distinctly spicy aroma with sweet, flowery notes.
- ROSAT GERANIUM: The rose geranium hydrosol has a sweet, delicate and fresh botanical fragrance. It is an excellent tonic for combination skin where it is necessary to restore balance. For best results, apply generously morning and evening before moisturizing with an organic Pranarōm vegetable oil.
- LEMON BALM: Lemon balm, also known as "Melissa", is deeply soothing and relaxing, helping to release stress from the face. Use regularly to reduce tension in facial muscles and smooth overall skin tone. Spritz onto skin anytime to help relax and support your nervous system. Good for all skin types.
- ROSE OTTO: Rose Otto Hydrosol, a wonderful toner for all skin types, helps rebalance and rejuvenate the complexion. With its moisturizing benefits for mature and sun-damaged skin, Rose Otto helps maintain a healthy emotional balance.
- PEPPERMINT: Peppermint Hydrosol instantly cools and calms, relieving reddened, hot skin. It is suitable for all skin types, but is especially beneficial for oily or blemish-prone skin. The minty scent of the hydrosol invigorates and refreshes, making it an ideal travel companion during the warmer months. Lightly mist face and neck whenever you need to feel awake and alert, also apply to tired, sore feet for a soothing effect.
- ROSEMARY CT VERBENONE: Rosemary hydrosol is a refreshing facial tonic for normal, combination, mature and oily or blemished-prone skin. A revitalizing tonic, daily use of rosemary can promote circulation and improve skin radiance. Traditionally used to support memory, a quick sprit of rosemary can help boost memory.
- LEMON VERBENA: The calming and uplifting personality of lemon verbena benefits all skin types. A spray of this hydrosol clarifies the complexion, refreshes the skin and soothes facial muscle tension. Sweet, yet powerful, its green citrus scent is positive and bright. During long, difficult days, a mist of lemon verbena and several long, deep breaths can bring moments of calm and harmony.
To see the complete collection of hydrosols